Search This Blog

Loading...

Friday, December 30, 2011

Armored Medical Wrist Brace for my Wife

So, my wife had to go to the doctor today because she hyper-extended her wrist a few days ago. As it turns out, she strained her tendons pretty bad and the doc gave her a brace that she has to wear for the next two weeks. When she got home from the doctor's, she asked me if I would like to decorate it for her. Needless to say, I was very excited to do so!

Here's how the brace looked to begin with (with the first bits of sharpie drawing on the thumb piece):






And, after more black sharpie and a bit of chainmaile:






I decided after it was finished that it was no longer a wrist-brace. Far from it. It has now become a futuristic battle-gauntlet that prevents her wrist from snapping back when she fires her super compact, hand-held Railgun. She fires the Railgun with her off-hand, of course, because her dominant hand needs to be free to wield her Tesla Sword!

My wife sent me a modified picture with her thoughts on the subject:





And now she'll happily follow her doctors instructions and actually wear the brace for the full two weeks Cheesy

Mission accomplished!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Thanks for the inspiration! http://www.dawnlovesshoes.com/2012/01/end-of-world.html

    ReplyDelete