Search This Blog

Loading...

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Life-Sized Incredible Hulk Costume Mechanics

My design work has given me the opportunity to interact with and get to know some very fun, interesting and awesome people. Today I sent off my most recent project to an awesome fellow in Alabama by the name of Alfred Norris.

So what does this man of mystery from the other side of the country want from the likes of me?

!Hulk Hands!
Silly Alfred.... get out of that tree!
Al is building something amazing that I am very happy to be a part of. When his plans come to fruition, he will transform into a nearly 8 foot tall version of the hulk. Together we co-designed some hands with articulated motion for the costume. I put the final touches on them today and sent them on their journey. Before I sent them, however, I had to take 10 minutes and play around with them a bit.


I'm holding my arms out to the side because that's how Alfred will be inside the suit. Hulk's head will be located above where my head is in the video, and Hulk's shoulders will be above where my elbows are. Hopefully that will help to give you a better sense of the size of this thing.

It'll be about "thiiiis big!"

Once Al gets the hand skeletons, he will give them flesh and incorporate them into the costume he's building. Once he's completed it, I'll be sure to share whatever media he creates so you can see it. His artwork is amazing and I am certain this Hulk will be something you don't want to miss.



Thank you, Al, for inviting me to take part in this build. I look forward to the result of our collaboration with great anticipation!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Such glowing praise! Al here...just have to say working with you on these has been amazing from my side as well. You're one of the smartest guys I've ever spoken to and funny too.

    You did an amazing job on these and I can't wait to work with them. You're gonna have to call me from time to time so we can keep up!

    ReplyDelete